As we just come out of our first cold front of the season, we are reminded of how cold our night can get in the winter. Now would be a great time to check your heaters, before the peak of the cold season gets here. You can follow these easy steps.
- Make sure your system has been off for at least five minutes.
- Set the thermostat to the heat position.
- Raise the temperature setting on the thermostat to around 80 degrees.
- You should hear the fan and maybe the compressor start.
- After about one minute, feel the air coming out of one of the grills. It should be warm.
- Let the system run for five minutes and see if the air coming out of one of the grills is warm.
- Set the thermostat back to the OFF position.
- Wait five minutes and then you may return the thermostat settings to whatever you wish.
IF YOUR SYSTEM DOES NOT HEAT, contact us & we can diagnose the heating problem. You can call us at 305-558-1422 or click on our Service Request page.